|Applications for the CHSU Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine program
are now open for the class that begins in July 2020 on the AACOMAS
website at aacomas.org.
To be considered for admission to the CHSU College of Osteopathic Medicine (COM), the applicant must meet the following requirements:
1. Obtain a Baccalaureate degree (or equivalent) from an accredited institution
2. Overall cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale. To be competitive, students should have a prerequisite GPA of 3.30 or higher on a 4.0 scale. If a student has retaken a course multiple times, all grades received for that course will be accounted for in calculating cumulative GPA.
3. Submit all coursework transcripts with their AACOMAS application
4. Achieve a minimum score of 496 or better on the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)
5. Submit final Transcripts verifying all completed coursework
6. Provide 2-3 Letters of Recommendation
7. Submit a Personal Statement
8. Pay an Application fee through AACOMAS
9. Satisfactorily Complete the Prerequisite Courses listed below prior to matriculation
|Course||Semester Credits||Quarter Units|
|Inorganic or General Chemistry||4||6|
|English (e.g. Composition or Literature)||6||9|
To apply to the CHSU College of Osteopathic Medicine, visit the AACOMAS application website at aacomas.org to begin your application and submit the following:
1. Designate that CHSU COM should receive your primary application. Applications are available on May 2, 2019, for the class that begins in July 2020. The application deadline is March 1, 2020.
2. Submit official transcripts. Please include all colleges and universities attended.
3. Submit your official MCAT scores. To be eligible for admission, all applicants must have achieved a competitive MCAT score. For the July 2020 class, the latest official MCAT exam that will be accepted is from 2017. Visit the AAMC for information about the MCAT at https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-medical-school/taking-mcat-exam/
4. Submit your letters of recommendation.
For complete Admissions Requirements, please reference the CHSU COM Admissions policy.