This past weekend the CHSU College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM) hosted their first Residency Programs Fair 2021 on campus! A total of ten residency programs from the Central Valley joined to meet our students held at the CHSU-COM building in Clovis. Many students from the Class of 2024 and 2025 and our visiting students from Kansas City University and A.T. Still University, who will be graduating in 2022 and 2023, were able to talk to residency program representatives, received advice on how to build a competitive residency application, and were provided the opportunity to network.
Thank you to the following residency programs for attending this event:
- Adventist Health Central Valley Network Family Medicine Residency Program in Tulare
- Adventist Health Central Valley Network Family Medicine Residency Program in Hanford
- Kaweah Health Family Medicine Residency Program in Visalia
- Kaweah Health Emergency Medicine Residency Program in Visalia
- Mercy Merced Family Medicine Residency Program in Merced
- Saint Agnes Medical Center Family Medicine Residency Program in Fresno
- Saint Agnes Medical Center Transitional Year Residency Program in Fresno
- Sierra View Medical Center Internal Medicine Residency Program in Porterville
- Valley Consortium for Medical Education Family Medicine Residency Program in Modesto
- Valley Children’s Pediatric Residency Program in Madera
Both students and residency program directors, residents and officials alike expressed their gratefulness for this opportunity to meet.
“I very much appreciated the whole event. It was nice dusting off my networking skills so I will be more prepared for future residency networking events,” said Seaverson Stoll, OMS-II student.
The experience was valuable to both students and residency programs because it allowed them to connect. After their four year education at CHSU-COM, our medical students will be future applicants to Central Valley residency programs within the next two years.